Monday 12 August 2013

They're Real! Mascara Review

Hi girlies :)

I know, I've been a bad blogger and missed a couple of days on the lipstick challenge but I've just been so busy! But first things first, I did promise a review of Benefits They're Real! Mascara! 
Being honest, I've been using this mascara for a while and I still have mixed opinions on it, although I keep buying it so Benefit are obviously doing something right! 
First lets talk about the brush..
Benefit say the brush is unique to the brand, made from silicone and the little ball at the end will catch every single lash. I say, I'd like the brush to be slightly thicker, and I definitely do not like the fact that its made from silicone as the bristles are very stiff and I find them to be..scratch(?), almost sore when applying the product. However, it does catch all the tiny lashes so I guess it does what it says on the tin!
Secondly, the formula, Benefit says false lashes in a tube, and contains elastin so it actually stretches lashes and makes the mascara unable to crumble and flake off. I say, definitely a big difference in the length and volume of my lashes, however when I wear concealer under the eyes, there is definitely a little case of panda eye going on! 
Other than this, my only major complaint is that it is literally almost IMPOSSIBLE to get off. Benefit claim that they're real is NOT waterproof, but instead water resistant ( same thing, no?), I claim that this mascara hates soap, water and anything else that tries to remove it! There are occasions when I've showered, washed my face twice and it still will not come off, which is a big, fat pain. The only thing I find that removes it is the LancĂ´me bi-facil eye make up remover.

So, overall, I'm still on the fence about this product, I really do love the results (which you can see below!), in that respect its the best mascara I've used in quite a while, but is it really worth the hassle trying to scrub it off your eyes?! Hmm, I say this but I know I'll keep using it so it must be! 

Before

After


Let me know what you guys think, 
Later, lipstick lovers!
Tammy
Xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Ahh I want this mascara so bad I have such small lashes. I love this review your lashes look beautiful:)
    I don't know how to follow your blog because there is no follow button:( but I do want to follow doll.
    Email me if you can fsomodevilla18@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you! :) I know, I'm still trying to figure out how to work the layout of this thing haha! There should be a follow button now though :) xx

    ReplyDelete