Friday 9 August 2013

Glam Grunge!

Hi ladies!

Okay so I'm sure your all aware one of the major trends for a/w13 is grunge! I am so excited for this trend, it's so me and a good old smoky, grungy eye is one of my absolute favourite looks for day or night. As an artist and someone who works with clients daily, I know that a lot of women are abit timid when it comes to a dark eye and they like to keep it subtle but for me, the more dramatic the better!
I've composed a little look that's more glam grunge and works in a way that's less 14 year old trying too hard and more grown up Joan Jett! And of course there's a little pink on the lips to pretty it up :) check it out for yourself below :) 

I've used some of my favourite products in this look and there's a complete list below :)

I'm gonna use this pretty pink gloss as my day 4 lipstick challenge as well just because I love it so much!
The lipgloss is from Benefit's new colour range and is called 'Lollibop' (how cute!), I have a few of these glosses but the pink is definitely my favourite.
Benefit say these glosses are strong colours with a high pigment but I disagree (although this isn't a bad thing!), I find that they have fantastic colour in the tube but once they're spread on the lips they fade out to a very sheer version of the colour they're supposed to be, but strangely I like this as it brings it down to a lovely subtle colour for daytime. They smell gorgeous and the texture is great but my one complaint with them is that they aren't particularly long lasting, such was slightly disappointing but seeing as I love everything else from Benefit, I think I can forgive this! 

I'm using the 'They're Real!) mascara at the minute too so ill put a review up of that very soon!

Love & Lipstick,
Tammy
Xoxo

Products I used..
- Benefit Hello Flawless foundation in Honey
- Benefit Hello Flawless powder in Beige
- Benefit Bo-ing concealer in no.3
- NYC matte bronzer (used as a blush as well)
- Bobbi Brown snake print eye kit (I think this is discontinued now though :(!)
- Helen-E Cosmetics eye liner pencil in Black
- Benefit They're Real mascara 
- Benefit Brow Zings in Medium
- Benefit lipgloss in Lollibop

2 comments: